Latest Stories

Mascara Reviews

Hi! :)

I finally made my long overdue mascara and other products review. It took me 2 weeks to finish this due to time constraints. I kept on postponing it so now it's finally done. I planned to make a blog about this because I saw one blogger who had a review of one of the mascaras I use, so that inspired me to make this. I've used different mascaras this year and last year so might as well give my own views on them.

There was a time that I was really confused of which mascara would be best for me. Wondering what will best look on my lashes since mine is a bit shorter and doesn't really curl as how I wanted it be. Although I use a really good eyelash curler but it doesn't stay curled long enough and the mascaras I've used before, just didn't give the volume and curl that I really need. So trying out different mascaras and reading reviews  helps alot in choosing. 

As what I experience, expensive and really well known great quality brands do the wonders and I think the best when you want a fab result but of course most of us is really apprehensive on spending too much on make ups that really doesn't last long because I notice mascaras tend to dry out quicker and I can say 3 months is the longest time that you can see the consistency of the mascara (correct me if I'm wrong) and after that the result is not the same as it is when it's brand new. That's why some advice that don't spend too much on mascaras rather spend it to foundation, powders, blush , lipstick, etc. which you use more often. But for me whether you choose the expensive or cheap ones, which ever works for you and whatever brand that gives you the satisfaction and result that you need then go for it! 

At the end of the day, what other people use doesn't necessarily give the same result as what they have on them to you but it's just like your basis. If it doesn't work then your search continues until you find the one! Although constant change is also good if you got bored and want to explore and try other things then it's all up to you. What matters most is it gives the best result for you.

Before, I was not really a mascara or not make up girl for that matter not until I was in college and started to know how to really put make ups and stuffs like that.  I must admit make ups do wonders to you in a great way. And when I went to Europe and noticed because ladies here have blonde lashes so they really put mascaras to give more life and emphasis to their eyes so that made me like and tried mascaras even more. Not only it gives much life to your eyes but also it makes your eyes sexier and noticeable.

So here are my reviews on the products that I used:

But before the products, here is the images of my eyes without the products so we can compare. 




Okay here it is

1. Lancome doll eyes mascara 
I got this sample from a store, they usually give freebies when you purchase something from there store. I tried this since I was really curious from the time I saw the ads of this mascara in the magazines. And it really widens your eyes but not as thick or good as what I see in the magazines. However it really made a difference. But I don't think it's really like a doll eyes effect but the quality is good and lasts a whole day no retouching needed for me. So this is how it looks:



2. Chanel's Inimitable Intense Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel Sophistique in 10 Noir

I'm very pleased with this product! Very excellent result and it gives you the more intense lash look. It has really a nice brush although it looks small compared to other mascara applicators for volume but it really does its magic! Lashes appear longer, thicker and more curled yet each lash, even the finest is still precisely separated without clumping, spiking or flaking. My second fave!



3. Mac's Opulash Optimum Black


This is my first and only Mac product that I use. It was not really my plan to buy a mascara that day because I was still using the Chanel but I've been using it for some time already  and suddenly when I saw the Mac corner and was looking around and thought of buying a new mascara. It took me along time to choose because there was a lot of choices but I chose this to try how will it give volume to my lashes and if it's really good. It's good for volume but doesn't separates  good the lashes. There's no wow factor for me.  I don't know this is just not really for me maybe it makes wonderful result to others but for me not. So here is the result


So this led me to buy my 4th mascara after just 2 weeks of buying this and it is....

4. Dior's Diorshow 360 Mascara 

Of all four this is my number 1 fave! So after two weeks buying the MAC since I was not satisfied I searched in ICI Paris the best mascara that I'm really willing to spend for it as long as it's worth it and yes this is really worth it! It's called 360 because it rotates 360 degrees and really elongates your lashes, curls, gives volume and looks very elegant and fab! I really recommend this product. You will never regret it! 


Aside from mascaras I also added 3 products that really works well with me  :)



1. Bobbi Brown's Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Blank Ink 1
I was looking first with a liquid mascara and then a sales lady came to me and  recommended me this because it lasts long and you can even swim with it and easy to apply. Well she's really correct. At first I was hesitant because it might be hard to apply and it will smudge really bad because I haven't tried gel eyeliner ever but she recommended me a very fine brush that will be great for gel eyeliner and it works pretty well. With enough practice you are good to go! Thanks to this lady because this gel eyeliner is really excellent! worth the price. I highly recommend this also.

2. Revlon's Luxurious Color Eyeliner / Crayon Contour in Black Velvet

Among the pencil eyeliner I had before this is my favorite! Very soft and easy to glide pencil. The result is fantastic! 

3. Sephora's Professionel Curl lash Iron

Since I really hate whenever use my eyelash curler(tweezerman's) and mascara after or vice versa my lashes really doesn't curl long enough it will be just straight after 5 or 10 minutes so I really looked for a good remedy for it and it is this product! I first knew that there is something like this existing from a magazine but it was from Dior and then I looked in youtube how it works and I was intrigued and looked for it in Sephora since I haven't seen one in any beauty stores in Belgium but they don't have it there also but luckily I found their own version of  it so I bought it to try. Well, it is really perfect! It curled my lashes whole day! It was a miracle! And you can bring this anywhere and just put in your purse especially when you don't have time anymore. Because if you are in a hurry you can't use this because you will need to wait until it is warmed up enough before using it and it take a few seconds each stroke for it to make the lashes curls perfectly so you really need to at least give a minute per lashes or more. But I think this is really a brilliant invention to all girls whose lashes are as stubborn as mine. You should really try it!


Before

After

I will make another review of mascaras soon that it's budget friendly and we'll see if they also have great results.

So hopefully I shed some light on ladies who wants or plans to buy a mascara and other eye products for themselves. Good luck!

Comments

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)